Sunday, September 12, 2010

PC Flight Simulation

 With this post I will have featured each of my favorite topics at least once. About the time I retired from the airlines my daughter Sarah gave me as Christmas gift Microsoft's Century of Flight 2004. Little did she know what a monster she would create, to validate that statement just ask my wife. What was an innocent gift turned into a passion that eats up large chunks of time not to mention portions of my life during any given day.What I soon discovered was that there is a world wide community of pc simulator enthusiasts many of whom have never been at the controls of a real airplane but have learned the basic flying skills via their computers. The levels of complexity range from simple to operate aircraft to jetliners with glass cockpits with all the attendant procedures and systems to manage. For me it provides an outlet for the things I miss most about airline flying, the sights, sounds, and the hands on control of flying an airplane. Here's a Microsoft ad for their Flight Simulator X.

No comments:

Post a Comment